Friday, May 14, 2010

"The Miracle of the Bunnies"

M-Bug has been amazingly strong and happy through this whole transition. As I mentioned in the last post we tried to get her excited about coming to our house by telling all the exciting things that she'd find there. She's crazy about animals so I told her about the bunnies that sometimes hop around our back yard. This is the one thing she really grabbed on to and used it has her coping mechanism. Whenever she would start to get homesick for Nana she would cry for a few seconds and then in her sweet emotional voice say, "I'll see the bunnies? I want to see the bunnies." Then she would calm down and cheer right up. It was sad and sweet and inspiring all at the same time.
After we picked up the other girls at the sitter, we still had about an hour and a half drive, until we got home. M-Bug had a little Nana moment and fixed it by talking about the bunnies. I told everyone to pray their hearts out, for M-Bug's sake, that there would be bunnies in our yard. While saying my own prayer in my heart I thought, "This isn't how this whole prayer thing works. I can't just turn to the Lord and say, 'Please place bunnies in my yard in about one hour. Thank you,' like I'm ordering at a fast food restaurant." So, instead I told Him that I know He knows what M-Bug needs and if she really needs those bunnies to comfort her they will be there. And if not, it wasn't because the Lord wasn't listening, but because M-Bug was going to be okay.
We got home, no bunnies. The night went on, we got everyone in bed and things were great. The next morning we all helped get Magster and Coco off to school. Daddy K, who has asked that I refer to him as Big Daddy from here on out, took the Booch and M-Bug out to play.
A few minutes later I heard him calling me and telling me to come outside.
Nestled in the grass were 5 tiny new born bunnies!

The Bugaboo was fascinated and so excited!
She said we had to feed them, so we chopped up some carrots for them.
(After googling what to do about the baby rabbits, this wasn't what we should have done. Oops!)


Big Daddy and I were amazed and humbled at the lengths the Lord will go to show just one of his children that he loves them.
What an amazing journey this has been so far!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys. M-Bug is a lucky girl to have such a great family. It is so amazing to see what the Lord can do in such simple ways to help His children. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole story is really amazing. What a miracle to have a mom like you to provide guidance and inspration for this sweet girl. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marci told me about your blog. What a touching story you have recorded here. The very best to your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so neat Molls! I love reading about your adventures, the awesome nicknames, and the learning experiences that go along with everything. So, what are you supposed to feed baby rabbits?

    ReplyDelete